Did you know that mercy is God’s number one characteristic in the Bible? The world portrays God as a God of anger and judgment. But God shows himself first and foremost as a God of mercy.
If mercy is God’s number one characteristic that he reveals to us in the Bible—if that is the most important thing he wants us to know about him—then it must be the most important thing for us to learn about him. And it must also be the most important character trait that God wants to develop in us.
Jesus said, ”Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.” –Matthew 5:7 (NIV)
The six sessions include:
- Session One: The Five Marks of Mercy (30:53)
- Session Two: Mercy Forgives the Fallen (30:59)
- Session Three: Mercy Helps the Hurting (27:46)
- Session Four: Mercy is Patient with Difficult People (27:52)
- Session Five: Mercy is Kind to Enemies (31:06)
- Session Six: Mercy Cares for the Lost (29:10)
Let’s take the next forty days to see what mercy really looks like.
This small group DVD is designed to be used with The Miracle of Mercy study guide.
*Please note, the conclusion of each session includes a short clip of Saddleback pastors encouraging our congregation through their Mercy Projects (also talked about in the Study Guide). There is a short gap between the end of session and the start of the Mercy Project clips. Feel free to stop each session before the Mercy Project clip begins.