Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don't drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups . . . Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it (2 Corinthians 13:5 The Message).
To maintain your physical health, you need regular check-ups with a doctor who can assess your vital signs, blood pressure, temperature, weight, and so on. For your spiritual health you need to regularly check and balance the five vital signs of a healthy Christian life:
- Worship: You were planned for God's pleasure.
- Fellowship: You were formed for God's family.
- Discipleship: You were created to become like Christ.
- Ministry: You were shaped for serving God.
- Evangelism: You were made for a mission.
This tool will give you a snapshot of your spiritual health, pinpoint areas that may need attention, and help you develop a plan to bring God's five purposes for your life into balance.
The Purpose Driven Spiritual Health Assessment and Spiritual Health Planner include:
- A self-assessment.
- A Friend Feedback assessment to be filled out by a spiritual partner or mentor.
- A Spiritual Health Plan form.
- A table for each purpose containing recommended crawl, walk, and run steps for every question on the assessment.
- Resource pages for each purpose with recommended books, small group studies, and practical suggestions.
These materials can be fully customized to meet the unique needs of your church or small group. Using the duplication CD, you are permitted to print as many copies of the Spiritual Health Assessment and Spiritual Health Planner as you need for your church or small group members. All of the files are on the CD-ROM in Microsoft Word and PDF formats.