Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Dont drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups . . . Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it (2 Corinthians 13:5 The Message).
To maintain your physical health, you need regular check-ups with a doctor who can assess your vital signs, blood pressure, temperature, weight, and so on. For your spiritual health you need to regularly check and balance the five vital signs of a healthy Christian life:
- Worship: You were planned for God's pleasure.
- Fellowship: You were formed for God's family.
- Discipleship: You were created to become like Christ.
- Ministry: You were shaped for serving God.
- Evangelism: You were made for a mission.
This tool will give you a snapshot of your spiritual health, pinpoint areas that may need attention, and help you develop a plan to bring Gods five purposes for your life into balance. The Purpose Driven Spiritual Health Assessment and Spiritual Health Planner include:
- A self-assessment.
- A Friend Feedback assessment to be filled out by a spiritual partner or mentor.
- A Spiritual Health Plan form.
- A table for each purpose containing recommended crawl, walk, and run steps for every question on the assessment.
- Resource pages for each purpose with recommended books, small group studies, and practical suggestions.